Saturday, March 3, 2007

One down...

Just came back from passing the Flash 8 Certification Exam. I didn't really study, (except reviewing the help files) because I wanted to see if I really knew my stuff, plus I was really bust this week.
I've read a lot of opinions around the net about the value of certification, some good and some bad. Here's my take on it.
First, I got certified because I'm always underestimating myself. I think (wrongly) that everyone knows more than me. This just validates that I AM good enough to continue my passion for scripting. (yes, it's a personality flaw). Second, people who hire Flash experts, in small companies (and some larger ones) don't know Flash. Not all companies are large design companies, and this is where most arguments fail. From the standpoint of the employer, they're looking for some validation that you know Flash, and this is a quick and easy way to validate it (Yes, most people want quick proof). So those are my primary reasons for getting certified, as for the exam...

The exam was actually very straightforward. If you work in Flash daily, the exam will not present a problem. Some of it was on the basics like symbols on the timeline and some on video integration. Good luck if you're going for the cert, I think it will be worth it.

0 comments: