Friday, February 23, 2007

Employers, stop asking for the impossible!

If you're like me, you're always keeping one eye on the job market, just to see whats coming up. I got this posting today: http://information-technology.thingamajob.com/jobs/Ontario/Flash-Developer/1132844
I don't expect it to be up for long, or it will be modified because I pointed out the error to the poster already.
For people who don't see it, or are too lazy to click the link, they're asking for "3 to 5 years of experience using Actionscript 3.0". If you're into flash at all you'll see the problem immediately. AS3.0 has only been out in PUBLIC ALPHA (not even released yet) for maybe 6 months, tops. And these people are asking for someone with 3-5 years of experience with it. Who are they looking for Gary Grossman?
I KNOW I'm qualified for jobs asking for AS 2.0 experience, HTML, CSS and other technologies, but I'm no expert in the 25 technologies listed.
No wonder these companies hire people and end having to pay huge money to get rid of them, they've mastered the art of bs.

0 comments: