Thursday, February 8, 2007

Knowing your target...

Working at a creative company, and checking out thefwa.com often, I've ended up seeing thousands of website. Some good and some terrible. (Heck I've even made some of the terrible websites at the clients request, but that's a different story). But when a website hits it's target demographic head on, it makes me notice... http://www.toopyandbinoo.com/

Normally, I wouldn't give this site a second glance beyond it's nice clean and "easy-to-use" interface, but since I have a 2 year old daughter who loves Toopy and Binoo I decided to give it a closer look.

Overall, this site is amazingly interactive. It's my favorite type of website that looks simple, but is very complex. It encourages kids to click on items and follow Toopy and Binoo on new adventures. One of my favorite sections is when you dress Binoo up with old items in a closet, you see him in the mirror with a the item as they imagine it would look like. For example, if you dress Binoo in a red house coat, in the mirror it appears as Santa's jacket. This promotes imagination and my daughter loves it. We spent at least an hour on this site, and if you have a 2 year old, that is a feat in itself.

I could go on and on about it, but I'd encourage you to check it out and discover it for yourself. When viewing it remember who they're targeting. These people at Tribal Nova are really thinking. Congrats!

0 comments: