Thursday, February 22, 2007

Something to be said about PLANNING

I recently got the ludicrous request (which I couldn't turn down) to create 4 versions of animated banners for a clothing company. They wanted me to create 8 sizes of each banner. And deliver it in 4 days. The only thing they had was the static creative.
The time line was bad enough, but what made it worse was that they only wanted to review the banners after they were created and each individually!! So essentially only after one set of banners were created would they approve them. (I think you know where this is going.) After the first set was done, they wanted changes.. no problem. Round 2, changes again. Round 3, changes again. Round 4, now they wanted to combine changes from round 1 and 3. In the end it was 7 rounds of changes to 32 banners! I don't mind changes, but I can't stand it when a change it made to an element and then changed back 2 rounds later.
I tried to advise and make recommendations to this (massive) company. But I think it was just too many cooks in the kitchen.
Needless to say I'm bananerd out (like bananas, sorry).

0 comments: