Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Too many cool things...

Every time I head over to OSFlash.org I come across something new I want to try. Yesterday, I came across Red5. Take from osflash website, Red5 is:
an Open Source Flash Server written in Java that supports:

  • Streaming Audio/Video (FLV and MP3)
  • Recording Client Streams (FLV only)
  • Shared Objects
  • Live Stream Publishing
  • Remoting
I haven't tried it, and I don't know too much about it, but if it can do what it says it can, I'm sold. I've wanted to create a program where you can stream from a webcam (just for fun) but I wasn't going to buy any software for it, much less a Flash Communication server. This fits the bill perfectly.

Now, with Papervision3d, AS3, Apollo and now Red5 how will I ever find the time for for anything but Flash programming? My wife will be so happy!! LOL.

0 comments: